Thursday, September 2, 2010

Getting something off my chest!

Sometimes when I'm at work I catch people doing things that drive me bonkers and I need to get it off my chest.  These are behaviours that are rude, annoying and most times disgusting.

1) Please for the love of god stop putting eyeliners, mascara's, lipsticks and eye shadows on YOUR FACE!  It's teeming with grossness and a good soaking of alcohol and a layer removed is the only safe way to try them with out exposing yourself to any number of illnesses.  But the mascara's are a no go, you can never proporly clean those suckers, so don't bother unless you like pink eye.

2) Nothing on the market will make you look like Gwenyth Paltrow (or whomever is your beauty archetype), so please don't get angry with me because you tried an eye cream for three days, and naturally didn't get any results.  I'm not your fairy godmother, nor am I a wizard and I never promise a product will perform miracles.  Those ideas came from some place else, and if it's from any voices in your head then I suggest skin care is not the kind of "care" you need.

3) And lastly in addition to not having supernatural powers I am also not employed by any cosmetic companies marketing department.  So when Revlon discontinues your favourite lipstick (which they absolutely will)  please don't look at me like I gave you cancer of the puppy.  I had NOTHING to do with that decision.  Believe me I didn't bust into Revlon's board meeting and demand they take that particular colour out of commission just because I knew that would ruin your life.   Seriously, when Guerlain stopped making my favourite lipstick I didn't blame you, I blamed the morons on Guerlain's marketing team that decided to discontinue the best red colour ever, smooth and long lasting, rich colour.... *sniff*... I'm clearly not over that,  BUT I never treated someone like shit for no reason because of it.  Just saying!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...